- Type of employment: Fulltime
- Position Period: 1 year
- Application Deadline: 24th May 2019
The Junior Bahmni developer will be an understudy to the senior developer. Primary responsibilities include:
- Development of crucial components of HIS systems in Bahmni.
- Extend the capabilities of Bahmni by contributing code directly to the core application, building applications, and creating forms, reports and other tools.
- Follow best practices for agile software development, participating in team meetings, developing features according to their acceptance criteria, creating unit tests to ensure features are well designed and testable and ensuring that appropriate Quality Assurance (QA) is completed.
- Provide technical support to HIS implementations, including bug fixing, application troubleshooting and necessary system administration.
- Travel to IntelliSOFT-supported project sites as needed to provide direct support and build local capacity.
- 2+ years of experience in professional software development
- Must have basic working knowledge :
- Java/J2EE web application development, including Spring and Hibernate
- ReactJS web application development
- Linux, Git, Docker, Puppet, Ansible, Vagrant, and related DevOps/deployment tools
- SQL and NoSQL database scripting and optimization
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience and professional training in software engineering will be added advantage.
If you are interested, please send the following to email@example.com:
- Current CV – should include your specific capabilities within OpenMRS/Bahmni and pointers to where we can see your work, e.g. Github
- A cover letter that clearly describes your work within OpenMRS/Bahmni or similar projects.
- Academic and professional certificates