- Type of employment: Fulltime
- Position Period: 1 year
- Application Deadline: 24th May 2019
The Junior DHIS2 Developer will be an understudy to the senior developer. Primary responsibilities include:
- Development of crucial components of HIS systems on DHIS2.
- Extend the capabilities of DHIS2 by contributing code directly to the core application, building applications, and creating forms, reports and other tools.
- Follow best practices for agile software development, participating in team meetings, developing features according to their acceptance criteria, creating unit tests to ensure features are well designed and testable and ensuring that appropriate Quality Assurance (QA) is completed.
- Provide technical support to HIS implementations, including bug fixing, application troubleshooting and necessary system administration.
- Travel to IntelliSOFT-supported project sites as needed to provide direct support and build local capacity.
Must have basic working knowledge :
- Web technologies (HTML/CSS).
- REST Web APIs and JSON.
- 2+ years of experience building rich web applications.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience and professional training in software engineering will be added advantage.
If you are interested, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Current CV – should include your specific capabilities within DHIS2 and pointers to where we can see your work, e.g. Github
- A cover letter that clearly describes your work within DHIS2 or similar projects.
- Academic and professional certificates