- Type of employment: Fulltime
- Position Period: 1 year
- Application Deadline: 24th May 2019
- Act as the technical lead on software projects, supervising the work of other software developers and providing necessary project management, technical design, business analysis and user experience design as required.
- Guide the development of crucial components of HIS systems on Bahmni, taking a visible leadership role in these communities.
- Extend the capabilities of Bahmni by contributing code directly to the core application, building standalone modules, and creating forms, reports and other tools.
- Follow best practices for agile software development, participating in team meetings, developing features according to their acceptance criteria, creating unit tests to ensure features are well designed and testable and ensuring that appropriate Quality Assurance (QA) is completed.
- Provide technical support to HIS implementations, including bug fixing, application troubleshooting and necessary system administration.
- Travel to IntelliSOFT-supported project sites as needed to provide direct support and build local capacity.
- 5+ years of experience in professional software development
- Technical expertise in several of the following technologies, in order of importance:
- Expert Knowledge in OpenMRS.
- Java/J2EE web application development, including Spring and Hibernate
- ReactJS web application development
- Linux, Git, Docker, Puppet, Ansible, Vagrant, and related DevOps/deployment tools
- SQL and NoSQL database scripting and optimization
- Experience with any of the following desired:
- Global Health information systems – OpenMRS.
- Open source software development
- Modern data processing, indexing, and ETL tools and solutions
- Building and consuming RESTful web services
- Test-Driven and Behavior-Driven Development.
- Design patterns and best practices.
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal direction.
- Exposure to issues relevant to public health and international development
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience and professional training in software engineering will be added advantage.
- Possessing Professional Software Engineering Master Certification is an added advantage.
If you are interested, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Current CV – should include your specific capabilities within OpenMRS/Bahmni and pointers to where we can see your work, e.g. Github
- A cover letter that clearly describes your work within OpenMRS/Bahmni or similar projects.
- Academic and professional certificates