- Type of employment: Fulltime
- Position Period: 1 year
- Application Deadline: 24th May 2019
- Act as the technical lead on software projects, supervising the work of other software developers and providing necessary technical design, business analysis, and user experience design as required.
- Guide the development of crucial components of HIS systems on DHIS2.
- Extend the capabilities of DHIS2 by contributing code directly to the core application, building applications, and creating forms, reports and other tools.
- Follow best practices for agile software development, participating in team meetings, developing features according to their acceptance criteria, creating unit tests to ensure features are well designed and testable and ensuring that appropriate Quality Assurance (QA) is completed.
- Provide technical support to HIS implementations, including bug fixing, application troubleshooting, and necessary system administration.
- Travel to IntelliSOFT-supported project sites as needed to provide direct support and build local capacity.
- Mentor and review code written by the junior developer.
- Expert knowledge of web technologies (HTML/CSS).
- Experience working with REST Web APIs and JSON.
- 5+ years of experience building rich web applications.
- Experience with any of the following desired:
- Global Health information systems – OpenMRS.
- Open source software development
- Test-Driven and Behavior-Driven Development.
- Design patterns and best practices.
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal direction.
- Exposure to issues relevant to public health and international development
Possessing Professional Software Engineering Master Certification is an added advantage.
If you are interested, please send the following to email@example.com:
- Current CV – should include your specific capabilities within DHIS2 and pointers to where we can see your work, e.g. Github
- A cover letter that clearly describes your work within DHIS2 or similar projects.
- Academic and professional certificates